Abbeville Area Medical Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital in northwestern South Carolina. Between October 2019 and September 2020, Abbeville collected 37.2 percent of gross revenue, but believed it could do better.
QHR Health Solutions
A long-term client of QHR Health, Abbeville Area Medical Center (AAMC) chose ResolutionRCM, a QHR Health subsidiary that has served more than 110 independent hospitals and collected more than $370 million, to optimize its revenue cycle performance. ResolutionRCM augmented Abbeville’s onsite staff with a new manager, restructured the organization’s processes, and implemented accountability and efficiency standards.
In the first year, ResolutionRCM increased the gross collection rate by 5.5 percent, collecting nearly $1.5 million more than expected. In year two, Resolution achieved a gross collection rate more than 10 percent greater than year one, generating almost $3 million in additional cash lift when adjusted for revenue volume.
ResolutionRCM worked closely with AAMC to improve performance from year one to year two of the partnership. Primary drivers of the increased cash from year one to year two include:
- Reduction of avoidable write offs by 36 percent in the last six months of year two,
- Resolution started billing for the outpatient portions of those claims for inpatient denials that were appealed and could not be overturned,
- Increased follow up resources and efforts to accelerate cash,
- HIM achieved a nearly 1.5-day reduction of DNFB which generated a one-time cash acceleration of almost $105,000 and
- Improved credentialing process to help recover previously denied claims.
“For fiscal year 2022, AAMC is on track to reduce its operating loss by $2.6 million.”
Interim Financial Officer
Abbeville Area Medical Center
For more information, visit: https://resolutionrc.com/